Reporting to the VP of Technology and the President, the Operations Director of Operations implements the strategic objectives of the Organization. He plans, directs and supervises with leadership all of the company’s operations and optimizes the company’s performance.
- Oversee the full functioning of the organization in accordance with guidelines established by high management;
- Set the objectives of departments and ensure that they are achieved;
- Lead and guide the work of employees under his supervision (administration, project management, coordinator) and subcontractors (accounting, human resources, IT);
- Improve the efficiency of processes and procedures to increase the performance of different departments and the quality of services delivered.
- Communicate the vision and various information about the organization;
- Maintain a culture that is consistent with all organizational objectives;
- Plan and allocate resources according to the objectives of the organization;
- Attract and select employees and subcontractors;
- Conduct employee performance evaluations;
- Manage problematic performance of all employees and subcontractors.
- Develop, maintain and evaluate business relationships with suppliers;
- Manage the facilities;
- Create a safe work environment and manage insurance coverage;
- Identify office equipment needs, evaluate options and negotiate prices.
- Establish different budgets and analyze financial reports;
- Approve all expenses of the company;
- Work in partnership with representatives of financial institutions;
- Be abreast of financial subsidy programs and supervise grant applications.
- Confirm the choice of different technological options;
- Determine the deadlines and standards to be respected in relation to technological support.
- Ensure the release of new products resulting from R & D activities;
- Measure effectiveness and take the required actions.
- Have a good understanding of the different types of projects and clients;
- Be available to project managers and / or clients in special cases;
- Identify problems and find solutions;
- Train new project managers and act as a resource person for the team;
- Coordinate obtaining special prices for sellers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer field or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant management experience including 5 years in the video game field or in web development;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in human resources management;
- Bilingual (French/English).
- High interest in high technologies;
- Great ability in problem solving;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines;
- Ready to travel occasionally.